Wednesday, September 6, 2017

A Color Work Fox Hat

One of my goals last year was to learn how to do stranded color work knitting - it was late in the year, but I actually did it!  I made Foxed Hat by Claire Neicho for a niece who is fox crazy - definitely an easy entry project if you're new to the technique.


Probably my biggest problem was trying to get my hands on the pattern!  It's from Issue 39 (September 2014) of Knit Now, a UK based knitting magazine that I never see on this side of the Atlantic.  I  finally figured out I could order a digital copy on the Pocket Mags website here.

Some projects notes:  I used sizes 6, 7, and 8 knitting needles and Cascade Yarns Eco in Cinnamon, Black, and Vanilla.  Under a skein of each of them - hardly any of the black!


Happy Creating!

Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment