Friday, August 11, 2017

New Beginnings


Hello everyone!  I've been away from Art Threads for so long, this feels like a new beginning!  I've been working at getting the studio in shape (much more work than I anticipated), helping with a new grandson's arrival, and taking a bit of time off to reconnect with something I love to do but haven't had much time for in the past ten years.  Today I have photos of the studio (it's still a work in progress, though) and some big news!

The Studio.

The upstairs of the studio is designed for fiber arts.  It's almost done - there are just a few things we're waiting to have built and a few organizing items we're waiting for inspiration on.  Ordinarily we have fantastically clear views of the mountains, however we have quite a bit of smoke from the forest fires in British Columbia.









I've been continuing to quilt, sew, and knit while I've been away and have a lot to show you all in future posts!

The downstairs is a ceramics studio!  I know .... you haven't really seen much of that on this blog except for the random button here and there.  Unless you've read the "About Me" section, you probably just thought of me as a fiber artist, however, I originally thought I'd go into ceramics.  I've studied with many fantastic ceramic artists in Oregon and Arizona and can spend hours working with clay!









The News.

Starting in September, I will be selling my hand sculpted ceramic beads, pendants, buttons, and other jewelry findings on my own website!  I'm anticipating that the autumn collection will be out sometime around the second week of September - I'll keep you posted on exactly when it it is!  You can follow my progress on Facebook and Instagram (@deborahschlegelstudios)  as well as on this blog.  Until then, here's a sneak peek at some of the goodies I've been working on:





And if you're local to me (Vernonia, Oregon area), I will also have an 8 week long beginning clay class for grades 1 through 6 starting on September 18th!  There will be more information on my website as soon as it goes live at the beginning of September.

I'm excited to be back with the blog and for all the new changes coming!  If you have any questions, ask in the comments section and I'll get them answered.  And don't worry - the blog will continue to have lots and lots of fiber art!

Happy Creating!  Deborah


2 comments:

  1. So happy to see you back! What an awesome space for your fiber arts and ceramics! So large! Looking forward to seeing more on your blog.

    ReplyDelete