Friday, June 5, 2015

Friday Inspiration - Loom on the Lake Weaving

Weaving has long been on my list of fiber arts to get into - yes, I have done small weavings on simple looms, but I am intrigued by the larger looms and the intricate patterns that can be created.  If I ever do try this out, one of my inspirations will definitely be the work of Lynn from Loom on the Lake.  I love how she plays with pattern, texture, and color!  Nature, her lake, and music are all sources of her inspirations.  Her website here has many, many examples of her work - be sure to click on the individual photos and read in detail of how she was inspired to create that piece.  And if you're interested in the weaving process, see her detailed photo examples here.


A scarf inspired by winter sunrises

Ripples, inspired by the lake

Delicately Lyric, inspired by Telemann's Sonata Methodiche

Lynn also has an Etsy shop with shawls, scarves, table runners, and tea towels.

Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment