Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday Inspiration - Miyuki Sakai

I've been doing a little bit of thread sketching this week, which led me to looking at thread artists - which led me to Miyuki Sakai!  Amazing!  With the over 200 spools of thread in her studio, she creates sketches from everyday life in freestyle machine embroidery, some of them in such detail that you can even read the writing.


Miyuki outlines her methods in a photo montage on her website here (under the Studio link).  Be sure to check it out, as there are also many, many more works shown!



Happy Creating!  Deborah



2 comments:

  1. Hey, great blog, but I don’t understand how to add your site in my rss reader. Can you Help me please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There is a RSS feed subscribe button right below the Facebook buttons that lets you subscribe to a few of the different RSS feed readers (Google controls which ones are available with this button). I have also included a subscribe by email button right below the RSS feed button. If you have a different feed reader, you'll have to subscribe through them - there should be an "add feed" button on it. Since there are so many different feed readers now, it would take up too much room to add a button for each one! Hope this helps.

      Delete