Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday Inspiration - Fibers Gift Wrap

It's that time of the year when I start thinking about how I'm going to wrap Christmas presents.  Since I decided that this year I want to try and use fibers as much as possible, I did some web surfing to find possibilities.  There were many and I'm feeling very inspired!


If you follow the blog Janeville, you probably have already enjoyed artist Jane LaFazio's watercolor sketching tutorials.  They inspired me to dig out my watercolors!  Jane's just posted a great tutorial on Sketch and Stitch Gift Bags.  I'm planning on making some of these with winter botanical designs.  If you're not the sketchy type, it seems like they would also work with iron-on transfer paper.



HGTV's website has patterns and instructions for a fabric "take-out" gift box, using stiff interfacing to give the box body.  Depending on how much time one had to devote, I could see these looking stunning with embroidery and beading.  Mine won't this year ... I'll have to get inspired early next year!











These fair isle gift bags are darling!  Paige Waffle has the free pattern available on Ravelry.  Makes me wish I had spent a little more time trying to learn knitting before giving up.








I also found these two beautiful boxes by artists that I hope will inspire you.  Linda Aston McKeen created this gorgeous letter box that would work wonderfully to hold a special gift.  She has some really nice embroidery on her site, also.


And I am absolutely in love with Kerry Forkner's embroidered organza and silk box!  The sheer leaves attached on top are so beautiful.


I'm starting in right away!

Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment