Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday Inspiration - Artful Bags

This seems to have been "bag week," so I'll finish it up with some inspiring, artful bag websites!

Linda Matthews' Digital Art Handbag


I love Linda Matthews' digitally printed handbags and her art quilts - if you've never spent time looking around her site, I highly recommend it.  She prints the fabric for her bags (see this past post for info on the technique).  If you like to make your own bags (or like to plan all those bags you'd like to make, like me), Linda has tutorials on many different types of handbags and totes here.

Shelly Stokes' Anything Goes Tote







I haven't used paint sticks on fabric yet, but Shelly Stokes' stenciled fabrics are inspiring me to give them a try.  Her Cedar Canyon Textiles website has more information on how to use these.


And if you're really into handbags, take a look at the Tassen Museum Hendrickje Museum of Bags and Purses website.  Located in Amsterdam, it's home to the bag collection of Mrs. Hendrickje Ivo - ranging from the 16th century to present day.  This beaded bag circa 1827 commemorates Zarafa, the first giraffe brought to France.

With all this bag inspiration, I'm thinking about turning some of my complex cloths into totes or purses.

Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment